[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/doc/security/SecurityTarget.txt - removed rst document in favor of latex

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Apr 20 10:49:15 EDT 2005

Hi,

* Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> [050420 15:59]:
> On Wednesday 20 April 2005 09:42, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> > Gaaaah !!!! Why oh why ? The document is now totally unreadable, except
> > by reading a generated .ps or .pdf. That's not the way to go for
> > documentation :(

Ok. I should have made the change set come together.

But I don't consider LaTeX to be unreadable.

> Remember that this document has to be read by an independent third party and
> they want nicely layouted pages, which I think they have a right to demand.
> ReST can just not provide that, but LaTeX can. Also, for simple (in terms of
> layout) documents like this, they are still readable in LaTeX source form.

Right. Additionally we have a couple of large and complex tables around
that ReST simply can't handle. It's less for having nice stuff than
having a system that can actually handle it. Also, very likely the
document is going to be split in multiple files because it's pretty
large right now.

Cheers,
Christian

--