[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/branches/srichter-twisted-integration/src/zope/app/server/ Reimplemented common access log using Twisted's log framework. It uses our

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Apr 21 08:13:58 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Thursday 21 April 2005 06:38, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>>Why are you looking to use this rather than Python's logging package?
>
> The observer below clearly uses the Python logging package:

Oops, sorry, missed that...

> Twisted has its own logging framework and the Twisted Web server logs to this
> framework and not the standard Python one. So we have to hook into it, which
> this code exactly does.

So, just to check I understand correctly: Zope 3 plugs into Twisted's
logging framework such that messages logged to Twisted's logging
framework get piped through to Python's logging package infrastructure?

cheers,

Chris - personally, I'd love to see twisted's logging stuff die...

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk