[Zope3-dev] Release numbering

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Apr 21 09:01:11 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote: [snip]
[snip]
 > I've always said that we will provide support for
> transitioning to Zope 3, being careful to say "transition support"
> rather than backward compatibility.

And that's not what the Zope X3 release notes strongly imply, which is
again, my point. The message has been received differently than you said
it, and we're still sending out messages with bear very different
interpretation. It's not a secret that many have been skeptical about
backwards compatibility with Zope 2, but there's a reason for why we
thought this was the plan.

Let's go back to 2001 to a message by Shane
Hathaway, which certainly looked official enough to me at the time (it
was in response to an 'open letter'):

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2001-December/014313.html

Q: What is Zope 3X?