[Zope3-dev] Question and maybe enhancement of the HomeFolderManager

Thu Apr 21 16:17:40 EDT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 20. April 2005 14:00 schrieben Sie:
> On Wednesday 20 April 2005 07:01, Florian Lindner wrote:
> > when I want to use my own Folder implementation as a homefolder I have
> > two possibilities at the moment:
> >
> > 1) Disable autoCreate and create the homefolder myself.
> > 2) Write a completely own implementation of IHomeFolderManager, use the
> > existing code, only change the line self.homeFolderBase[name] = Folder()
> > in assignHomeFolder(..) to something which creates my own IContainer
> > implementation
> >
> > Is this correct?
>
> Yes.

I've started to fork you Homefolder Manager and get a conflicting error:

zope.configuration.config.ConfigurationConflictError: Conflicting
configuration actions
  For: ('utility', <InterfaceClass
zope.app.component.browser.tools.IToolConfiguration>, 'IHomeFolderManager')
    File "/home/florian/Desktop/zope/lib/python/CS/Homefolder/configure.zcml",
line 74.2-78.8
        <browser:tool
            interface="CS.Homefolder.interfaces.IHomeFolderManager"
            title="CS Home Folder Manager"
            description="A CS customized version of the Home Folder Manager"
            />
    File "/home/florian/Zope3/src/zope/app/homefolder/configure.zcml", line
74.2-78.8
        <browser:tool
            interface=".interfaces.IHomeFolderManager"
            title="Home Folder Manager"
            description="A Principal Home Folder Manager"
            />

Why do they conflict? The interface is different, only the last part is equal?

Thx,

Florian