[Zope3-dev] site.zcml (ftesting.zcml) extension

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Mon Apr 25 11:08:57 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:

>On Monday 25 April 2005 09:03, Dominik Huber wrote:
>

>>Problem: A framework package 'b.x' registers a dedicated menu 'b_views'.
>>A package 'a.x' using 'b.x' should be able to register menu items
>>refering 'b_views'. The initialisation will fail because 'a.x' is loaded
>>before 'b.x' and therefore  'a.x' cant register any view to 'b_views'
>>because the menu does not exists yet.
>>

>I am pretty sure we had a solution for this problem already. I think you
>simply do:
>
><include file="a-configure.zcml>
>
>inside b-configure.zcml in package-includes.

'a' does not know 'b', but 'b' depends on 'a'.
The menu 'b_view' is in that respect something like a meta-information
on the application/framework level.
Within Zope this application-level-part is handle by the direct iclude
'<include package="zope.app" />' which is proceeded before all
*-configure.zcml's.
Other application/framework may need similar kind of configurations for
establishing theirs meta-application-level.

Regards,
Dominik