[Zope3-dev] unittest failure in svn trunk

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:08:15 EDT 2005

[Wichert Akkerman]
|> I just noticed a unittest error on the current svn trunk:
>
> Failure in test testRunIgnoresParentSignals (zdaemon.tests.testzdrun.ZDaemonTests)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/local/sources/svn/zope/Zope3/src/zdaemon/tests/testzdrun.py", line 237, in testRunIgnoresParentSignals
>    self.assert_(is_started, "spawned process failed to start in a minute")
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/unittest.py", line 278, in failUnless
>    if not expr: raise self.failureException, msg
> AssertionError: spawned process failed to start in a minute

[Stephan Richter]
> I always ignore this one ;-)

Implying that you also see it fail in current trunk?  There are no
collector issues open against this; I never see it (but I usually run
on Windows, where this test doesn't run at all); and it hasn't failed
in the overnight testrunner reports for well over a month (not since I
changed this test to wait for a freaking minute for the process to
start).

[Wichert Akkerman]
> If it is something to be ignored shouldn't be disabled? Having a known
> failure in the unittests is kind of bad.

See above.  Does it fail often for you (or for Stephan)?  If so,
someone on a platform where it fails needs to investigate why.  It
certainly isn't failing for everyone.

Could this issue be relevant?

    http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/430

Note that I'm just trying to help this along here -- nobody
identifiable is "in charge of" zdaemon, so fixing zdaemon problems has
to be a community effort.

Hmm.  The overnight testrunner reports don't try Zope3, just assorted
flavors of Zope 2.  Zope and Zope3 trunks both stitch in

svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zdaemon/tags/zdaemon-1.1

so that's not the problem.  Maybe something else is unique to Zope3.