[Zope3-dev] Re: unittest failure in svn trunk

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 4 14:35:56 EDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:38:45PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
| Previously Tim Peters wrote:
| > See above.  Does it fail often for you (or for Stephan)?  If so,
| > someone on a platform where it fails needs to investigate why.  It
| > certainly isn't failing for everyone.
|
| If failed 2 out of 2 tries on my laptop which uses python 2.3.5.
| I succeeded on a desktop system using python 2.4.1
|
| Which suggests a possible pattern..
|
| Using python 2.4.1 on my laptop works as well. And using python 2.3.5
| on the desktop.. also works.

Maybe python 2.3 on your laptop is too slow?  I recall the thread (on
zope-coders) a while back where increasing the time the test waits
made the problem "go away" on the nightly test machine.  As I recall,
that machine was aging and had other work it did and in essence just
took longer for the new process to start.

-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org