[Zope3-dev] AdapterLookup C optimizations 'timeit' benchmarks

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Aug 5 10:04:39 EDT 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 09:46, Benji York wrote:
> > By my estimations(i hope i'm not wrong :) C version gives ~20-26% speed
> > up for different methods.
>
> Running the functional tests for a Zope 3 based systems with 434 tests
> yielded (best of 3) a time of 1:12.51 for the trunk and 1:12.32 for the
> branch.  That's about a 0.25 percent improvement.

That's a bad argument. Several projects only use zope.interface and its
adapter registry (for example twisted). For them a 20-26% improvement for the
adapter lookup would be significant. Just because other parts of Zope 3 are
even slower and use more time than the adapter lookup, it does not have to
mean that this is a bad/insufficient improvement.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter