[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/branches/testbrowser-integration/src/zope/testbrowser/ Big refactoring of the testbrowser interface, particularly in regards to

Benji York benji at zope.com
Wed Aug 10 17:14:20 EDT 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> I saw you made the label the default search parameter. :-( I thought we agreed
> on making the name the default one. Not everyone uses labels.

Not everyone, but the *vast* majority of Zope 3 forms have good label
support.  It makes the tests a much closer match to what the user
actually does.  In our tests so far the name parameter has been used
only for vocabulary fields, but we intend on enhancing the vocabulary
widget to have proper labels.

If we intended for testbrowser to be a general purpose web site testing
tool (i.e. Zope 3 wasn't the primary target), I might want something
else, but it work *so* much better that I don't think "name" being the
default would be preferable.

> Also I hope that radio button groups are detected by name and not by
> label as the documentation states.

Gary will reply to this part.  :)

> Everything else looks fine.

Great!  I'm really pleased with the work Gary has done on testbrowser.
I'm doing a presentation at the Fredericksburg (VA) ZPUG tonight, if
anyone in radio-land would like to join us.  :)
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer