[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/branches/testbrowser-integration/src/zope/testbrowser/ Big refactoring of the testbrowser interface, particularly in regards to

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Wed Aug 10 17:14:54 EDT 2005

On Aug 10, 2005, at 5:02 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 16:21, Gary Poster wrote:
>
>>   - removed mapping interface for accessing control values, and
>> getControl:
>> now use 'get' to get the control (or radio/checkbox subcontrol,
>> see below),
>> and access control attributes as desired.
>
> I saw you made the label the default search parameter. :-( I
> thought we agreed
> on making the name the default one. Not everyone uses labels.

Benji's replying to this.

> Also I hope
> that radio button groups are detected by name and not by label as the
> documentation states.

Not sure what you mean.  Given the test example,

         (Radio: options have the labels)
         <em tal:condition="request/radio-value|nothing"
             tal:content="request/radio-value"></em>
         <input type="radio" name="radio-value" id="radio-value-1"
value="1" />
         <label for="radio-value-1">Ein</label>
         <input type="radio" name="radio-value" id="radio-value-2"
value="2"
                checked="checked" />
         <label for="radio-value-2">Zwei</label>
         <input type="radio" name="radio-value" id="radio-value-3"
value="3" />
         <label for="radio-value-3">Drei</label>

browser.get(name='radio-value') will get the radio button control.
browser.get('Ein'), browser.get('Zwei'), and browser.get('Drei') will
each get a subcontrol that allows manipulation of the individual
option, affecting the main radio button control.

Gary