[Zope3-dev] Duplicate HTTP header handling

Stuart Bishop stuart at stuartbishop.net
Fri Aug 12 04:03:33 EDT 2005

Hi.

Currently if Z3 parses multiple headers with the same key, only the last is
used.

>From reading section 4.2 of http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html , I
suspect the best way of handling this situation is to concatenate the
duplicate headers into a comma seperated string.

I've noticed this when running Z3 behind cascading proxies and found I was
losing X-Forwarded-For headers.

Does this seem like reasonable behavior? Some people may actually be relying
on this (broken) behavior, but I have a need of accessing all the headers
and don't want to have to use yet another tier to concatenate the headers as
allowed by the RFC ;)

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart at stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/