[Zope3-dev] Re: Page templates and macro extension

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Aug 18 13:09:51 EDT 2005

Fred Drake wrote:
> On 8/18/05, Shane Hathaway <shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
>
>>My use case for macro extension is as follows: a third party provides a
>>complex macro I'd like to reuse as a macro, but I want to replace only
>>certain slots in my macro.  I need my macro to offer all of the slots
>>that the base macro offers, with only a few exceptions.
>

> That remains the case with the proposed change.

Ok.  It takes a while to twist my brain back into a mode that
understands this stuff.  Your solution adds capabilities without taking
any away.  +1.

> Perhaps the define-macro/use-macro combination should be replaced with
> something like define-macro/extends-macro (and the former once more
> disallowed), and keep the change from the proposed patch.

Now that I see this better, I'll retract my suggestion to change the
syntax.  I think it works fine as-is.  You can re-introduce the
suggestion as your own, if you like. ;-)

Where is the proposed patch?

Shane