[Zope3-dev] Florent's O-R blog entry

Janko Hauser jhauser at zscout.de
Wed Aug 24 12:15:23 EDT 2005

Am 24.08.2005 um 18:02 schrieb Martijn Faassen:

> Yes, this is bringing the transparency a step further. Basically
> what you'd be doing is building an object relational abstraction
> based on the Zope catalog. :)

Interestingly the discussion has gone from a general concern of the
usage of RDBMS as a storage to a discussion of specific bottlenecks
in the current platform. I want to raise the naive question if the
bottlenecks for which the RDBMS as a search, index and query program
are questioned as an optimization  can be pinpoint in such a way,
that it would be sensible to optimize them with specific compiled code?

__Janko