[Zope3-dev] Re: [DRAFT] local portlets and perspectives

Olivier Grisel ogrisel at nuxeo.com
Thu Aug 25 06:47:30 EDT 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

> If you use a primary key to collect all the dyadic relations into a
> unique relation, then you have implicitly created a triadic relation
> (identified by the key), except that you also explicitly enumerate the
> underlying relations. So in the end you'll have to store: the primary
> key + 3 dyadic relations between 6 elements.

Yes, I was just saying that is possible to use only binary relations
throutgh projections on a pure expressive power viewpoint by using
theprimary key trick. In practice, this might seriously impact the
perfomance of the data model since it implies a lot of join operations
where a single select should be sufficient.

Furthermore, using binary projections instead of n-ary predicates make
it much harder to a human to quickly understand the model.

Olivier