[Zope3-dev] Re: Catalog improvements

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Aug 25 07:49:31 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote at 2005-8-24 12:27 +0200:

>>Underfeatured query API
>>-----------------------

[snip]
>>Fast, easy batching/sorting
>>---------------------------
[snip]

> You may have a look at "AdvancedQuery"
>
>   <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>
>
> It uses Python classes to contruct queries with "&" ("and"), "|" ("or")
> and "~" ("not") out of elementary classes.
>

> It solves the batching "problem" by means of lazy sorting.
> This way, you can use any batching, the catalog does not need
> to know about it.

Thanks for the link. I think that I, without knowing much about advanced
query, implemented something quite similar for Zope 3, without all the
cool features like lazy sorting. :)

I definitely will look at AdvancedQuery when I have time, seeing whether
we can port this (or concepts in it).

I need to figure out the lazy sorting concept too and how to port it to
the Zope 3 catalog... I see elsewhere in the thread you also mention it
supports a simple form of joins, which is also very interesting.

Regards,

Martijn