[Zope3-dev] Re: RDFLib and Zope 3

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Thu Aug 25 14:32:21 EDT 2005

On Aug 24, 2005, at 9:13 PM, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 12:39 -0400, Gary Poster wrote:
>> Since Dan is already using Twisted in his app server, maybe he'd be
>> willing to let RDFLib drink the Zope interface Kool-Aid along with us
>> and Twisted.
>>

> I know he's looked at it, and previously he used zope.server before
> twisted.  I think he might be out for a couple of days, so we'll
> wait to
> see what he thinks.  I wonder how "lite" the component kernel can go.

The only thing I have in mind is the interface package, which is what
Twisted uses.  That's all we would need.  zope.component needs
zope.interface, zope.testing, and zope.exceptions, according to its
DEPENDENCIES.cfg.

> In the mean time the adapters can live inside Zemantic, which is an
> rdflib to zope bridge anyway.  Let me know if you want to send
> patches,
> otherwise I'll probably get around to adding functionality like this
> soon.

I'm actually interested in trying to hook this up, but have very
limited time.  I might play with it just within RDFLib alone during
some hobby time tonight, but otherwise may  need to toss this off to
you if you'll catch it.

I also kind of want to hear Dan's reaction before I spend too much time.

I thought I read that an RDF triad was itself something that could be
a node in another RDF triad, but I can't find that anywhere now.  Can
you confirm or deny? :-)

Thanks

Gary