[Zope3-dev] Re: RDFLib and Zope 3

Michel Pelletier michel at dialnetwork.com
Thu Aug 25 15:10:37 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 14:32 -0400, Gary Poster wrote:

> > see what he thinks.  I wonder how "lite" the component kernel can go.
>
> The only thing I have in mind is the interface package, which is what
> Twisted uses.  That's all we would need.  zope.component needs
> zope.interface, zope.testing, and zope.exceptions, according to its
> DEPENDENCIES.cfg.

Right.  Well in this case we would provide just a very simple interface
facade that had no effect when run in an environment with no
zope.interface (ie, catch the ImportError, null-out the facade) or hook
into zope.interface if it is available.  This way rdflib can be still be
used with or without zope.interface.

> > In the mean time the adapters can live inside Zemantic, which is an
> > rdflib to zope bridge anyway.  Let me know if you want to send
> > patches,
> > otherwise I'll probably get around to adding functionality like this
> > soon.
>
> I'm actually interested in trying to hook this up, but have very
> limited time.  I might play with it just within RDFLib alone during
> some hobby time tonight, but otherwise may  need to toss this off to
> you if you'll catch it.
>
> I also kind of want to hear Dan's reaction before I spend too much time.

#redfoot on freenode is a good place to catch him, and me.

> I thought I read that an RDF triad was itself something that could be
> a node in another RDF triad, but I can't find that anywhere now.  Can
> you confirm or deny? :-)

Yes, it's called reification, making a statement about a statement.

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-primer/#reification

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Description_Framework#Statement_reification_and_context

http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#Reif

-Michel