[Zope3-dev] Proposed widget/schema work for the Rivah sprint (Thursday and Friday this week)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Aug 29 17:21:15 EDT 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:

> Jim has been complaining vociferously about SimpleInputWidget. It's probably time to nuke it (fine, deprecrete) and replace it with helper functions ala utility.py.
>
> There's quite a bit on the plate here. I'd be inclined to flesh out in more detail the infrastructural pieces (vocab -> source, constraints, widget API refactor) and leave new fields and widgets for later.
>
> I can probably free up some time to look at SimpleInputWidget.

Ah, this is a good one.  My suggestion would be to write a
SingleInputWidget that:

- Addresses inputs that map onto single HTML inputs (e.g.
   text, float, int, etc.)

- provides a good well-documented example of how to use
   the lower-level widget framework.

This would be an excellent sprint topic, IMO.