[Zope3-dev] Re: [Z3lab] Re: [DRAFT] local portlets and perspectives

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 30 08:45:57 EDT 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet schrieb:
> Tonico Strasser wrote:
>

>>Jean-Marc Orliaguet schrieb:
>>

>>>yes, this is the ZPT way of doing it :-)
>>

>>Yes, I find ZPT is very suited for this stuff becuase it has that slot
>>thing. That wouldn't be possible with e.g. DMTL I think. Do CPSSkins
>>support other template languages than ZPT?
>>
>>Tonico
>

> python is supported, xml/xslt is supported, DTML, C, ... as long as some
> method can be called and provide some data that makes sense for a
> filter. This is not the case by the way with ZPT fill-slot macros, you
> can't just render a "fill-slot" without having the corresponding
> "define-slot"
>
> /JM

Do you render individual HTML snippets first and assemble the whole page
before sending it to the requester? Or how do you generate the markup?

If yes, I mean something different. I think I would love a Python
wrapper for Page Templates that can assemble *macros* from different
templates provide them with names and render the main template only
once. (Wait, that is already possible, isn't it?)

That would solve most of my use cases. But I will stop my comments now
because I have to think more about it first ;)

Tonico