[Zope3-dev] "make check" errors on FreeBSD 5.4

Velko Ivanov dachev at nove.bg
Tue Aug 30 12:59:20 EDT 2005

>> File "<string>", line 1, in connect
>>error: (49, "Can't assign requested address")

Seeing this error in a connect() call is unusual. I'd check the security
configuration of the box for the source of this - something is
preventing the connecting side from getting an appropriate address to
use to connect from, which in this case should be localhost:<port>,
where port is something >1000.
It could be a limit set to the user, or a MAC policy for example.
It is possible also that the server side is unable to bind to
localhost:<port> too - do you see any exceptions with the same error,
but from a bind() call ? If that turns to be the case, then I'd ask -
did you by any chance forgot to enable your lo0 interface in rc.conf ?
It happened to me once.

 > So, did anyone compiled zope3 successfully on subj?

Yes, I'm runing a test Zope3 server on my FreeBSD 5.4 workstation since
the X3 release and I have installed all releases since then, and their
tests are working for me each time.

Regards,
Velko Ivanov