[Zope3-dev] Security Proxy/isinstance

Andres Freund andres at anarazel.de
Fri Dec 2 09:08:23 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm working with the combination of Zope3 and sqlobjet over sqlos and
discovered a problem (about SecurityProxy as i already asked about in
#zope3-dev).

Some code in sqlobject is using isinstance() to decide what to do. The
problem is, that sometimes sqlobject gets securityProxied objects from
Zope, which theoretically is no problem. But in praxis it uses
isinstance and the SecurityProxy doesn't cooperate with that.

Now i searched a bit in the web and discovered, that according to this:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/2003-February/016098.html
it should be possible to make the Proxies a bit more transparent.

Did i understand that correctly? I dont understand to much about python
and especially about zope, but i think, that should be the way to go, or
am i mistaken?

After a short look at _zope_proxy_proxy.c i think that this shouldn't be
too hard to implement (although i never touched the python c bindings
before, so it not unlikely that I'm mistaken).

Andres Freund