[Zope3-dev] Ajax in Zope 3

Tarek Ziadé tziade at nuxeo.com
Tue Dec 6 05:00:18 EST 2005

Hi all,

Some UI works have been done lately around and in Zope 3.  I am thinking
about the work that has been done at Neckar sprint (Zope3.org website,
Viewlets, etc..),  and on projects like CPSSkins for Z3 at ECM.

I am planning to work on UI things as well, and on Ajax things in
particular, both for Zope 2 and Zope 3 applications, and trying to
choose the right Javascript toolkit for this.

Before starting it up, I was thinking that it would be nice if the whole
Z3 community would be using the same toolkit, and maybe, even integrate
it into Z3 itself.

This would allow developers to start some js things today under Z2/Five
and port them. This would also probably lead into a "Z3 way" to do ajax
and javascript things.

What people think ?

If this sounds like a good Idea, I would like to start a Z3 proposal on
this topic, and contribute on its integration in Z3.

Regards,

Tarek

--
Tarek Ziadé | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)