[Zope3-dev] Ajax in Zope 3

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Dec 6 08:26:07 EST 2005

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> Before starting it up, I was thinking that it would be nice if the whole
> Z3 community would be using the same toolkit, and maybe, even integrate
> it into Z3 itself.

I think that instead of settling one a single toolkit we should come up
with some simple ideas for offering up server-side components for the
client to use.  That way we can easier to use (almost) any client-side
toolkit with Zope 3.

> If this sounds like a good Idea, I would like to start a Z3 proposal on
> this topic, and contribute on its integration in Z3.

I'm very interested in coming up with a one or more relatively simple
server-side proposals to make Ajax stuff easier, but I think the Ajax
stuff (and even the whole JavaScript world) is too immature to settle on
one client-side implementation.  Therefore we should concentrate on
doing things that help most or all of the JS toolkits be more usable
with Z3.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer