[Zope3-dev] RFC: Make HTTP streaming of large data simpler

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Tue Dec 6 13:04:48 EST 2005

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 06.12.2005, 09:30 -0500 schrieb Jim Fulton:
>  > I'd
> > be good to do it via a temporary file and pass that back either via
> > adaption or wrapping it into an IResult-thingy.
>
> Yes.
>
> > Now I wonder whether I _do_ have to provide the headers which are set
> > automatically right now ...
>
> I don't know what you mean by "set automatically now". My guess is that
> zsync is setting the headers explicitly.

Right. It does. I think it is straight forward for me now to implement a
IResult-object that uses a temporary file here. Unfortunately I stumbled
over a different bug that breaks check-in for zsync too. (4 bytes too
much on uploading chunked data)

Eventually the twisted integration changed quite some things that are
not covered by unit/functional tests ... :/

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -