[Zope3-dev] Ajax in Zope 3

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Dec 6 18:32:47 EST 2005

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
> I don't know if Javascript is mature...

I meant that there are many new Ajax toolkits out there that haven't
been there for long.  I wouldn't consider any of them mature.  Mochikit
comes the closest as far as I can tell.

> I was talking about a toolkit because it seems that most of the time
> there's a cohesion between a web framework, its community, and a js
> toolkit

I would hate to see Z3 create its own JS toolkit.  I would love to see
the community begin to use one or more and find good ways for Z3 to make
using them easy.  Jean-Marc had some good points on what we could do to
make it easier.

> But anyway, it seems wise to start up with server side ajax views and
> other helper.
>
> I am looking forward for the proposal revision :)

Me too.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer