[Zope3-dev] Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Dec 6 19:56:00 EST 2005

Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> There's a couple of mad brazilian pythoneers that might hang out
> together early in January in some hidden beach somewhere, and one of
> the proposed tasks for working on (of course, powered by caipirinha)
> was to take a stab at replacing Zope 2's ZServer/ZPublisher by Zope
> 3's Twisted/Publisher.
>
> I know the brave folks involved in the Zope 3 move-away from ZServer
> might have some interesting tips to share, so I hereby invite you to
> share your experience.
>
> Best I can tell, it should be pretty doable no?

The key is to move to WSGI.  Zope 3's publisher now uses
WSGI and so does twisted. For HTTP, the Zope 3 pubisher isn't
based on twisted, it is based on WSGI.  There is twisted-specific
glue for FTP.

The most important project here, IMO, is to rewire Zope 2
to use the Zope 3 publisher.  And, of course, to update the
Zope 3 publisher with features from the Zope 2 publisher that
are missing from the Zope 3 publisher (e.g. streaming).