[Zope3-dev] RFC: Simplify Skinning

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Dec 7 07:44:11 EST 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 03:55, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Looking for your comments at http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/SimplifySkinning.
> This is a follow-up proposal from
> http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/444.

I was going to write a similar proposal for 3.3 as well. I think we should
simply get rid of skins and pretend they never existed.

Some comments:

      * 'ISkinLayerType' is introduced to mark skin layers interfaces.

Just call it ILayer.

      * 'ISkin' is made an alias of 'ISkinLayerType', deprecated and
        slated for removal in Zope 3.4.

Yep, gone and goner.

      * 'ILayer' is made to extend 'ISkinLayerType' but also deprecated
        and slated for removal in Zope 3.4.

Don't deprecate it. It's still useful.

Regards,
Stephan