[Zope3-dev] xml import / export in z2 & z3

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Dec 7 09:19:57 EST 2005

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:

>> Sax or DOM...it depends on the usecase and the algorithmic approach
>> you take. Sax is fast but you have to build your own datastructures,
>> DOM is slow, takes a lot of memory but it gives you a tree to perform
>> any fancy operation on it..

> now I've tried both, DOM (minidom) works the best by far for small
> objects (that's by the way used in CMFSetup too). Updating global
> datastructures from events with Sax is a pain...

You may be interested in the Sprout library, which at least has some
infrastructure (underdocumented) that can help with complicated SAX
import export scenarios:

http://cvs.infrae.com/Sprout/

Instead of DOM, it'd recommend ElementTree. This is coming from someone
who knows DOM pretty well...

Regards,

Martijn