[Zope3-dev] Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Wed Dec 7 10:42:42 EST 2005

--On 7. Dezember 2005 10:29:16 -0500 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> We need it.  We also need a single publisher.  We are (almost) at the
> beginning
> of a new development cycle.  We should be ambitios and try to make it
> possible to use the Zope 3 puublisher in Zope 2 *and* provide backward
> compatibility.

Backward compatibility must be the major goal for porting Z3 parts to Z2.
In the future will have two major release each year. People deploying
enterprise-level applications on top of Zope 2 must have the feeling that
their application will run in one or two yrs when switching to a newer Zope
version without major problems.

Andreas