[Zope3-dev] Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Dec 7 11:02:30 EST 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 10:51, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Agreed with Andreas. I also agree with Jim that it makes sense to be
> ambitious. I suspect we'll end up with a two-pronged approach --
> introduce the Zope 3 publisher with as much backwards compatibility we
> can provide, but also make sure that the old publisher code (with *all*
> backwards compatibility) can be used if desired.

I wonder whether a similar approach as the one taken for the Twisted server
migration is possible. There, if you have an instance running on ZServer an
upgrade will not cause the switch to Twisted, since your startup script still
refers to the old server code. You explicitely have to change your startup
script to start using Twisted.

Regards,
Stephan
--