[Zope3-dev] Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Dec 8 09:55:26 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
>
>> I wonder whether a similar approach as the one taken for the Twisted
>> server migration is possible. There, if you have an instance running
>> on ZServer an upgrade will not cause the switch to Twisted, since your
>> startup script still refers to the old server code. You explicitely
>> have to change your startup script to start using Twisted.
>

> I think this is the way to go and a zope.conf option would be an ideal
> way of making the choice...

We will need to evaluate the difficulty of maintaining
two publishers.  It is easier to support two servers because WSGI
provides a nice interface for abstracting server differences.

The pubisher is far more tightly integrated.  The first effort
should be to use a single publisher for Zope 2 and Zope 3.