[Zope3-dev] Re: Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Dec 8 13:51:37 EST 2005

Christian Theune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 08.12.2005, 11:47 -0500 schrieb Tres Seaver:

>>Stephan Richter wrote:

>>>Yep. Nobody has complained to us about this yet. I personally do not use ZEO,
>>
>>so I could not fix the issue anyways.
>>
>>If twisted and ZEO are incompatible, then twisted needs *never* to be
>>the default;  ZEO is an essential part of Zope's "real world" story.  I
>>can't imagine even  *developing* without ZEO, much less deploying
>>applications in production.
>

> I'm also rather surprise about those MANY incompatibilities that haven't
> been discussed and shall silently be accepted.

Oh come on.  Nobody is silently accepting anything.

 > Right now I am aware of
> three problems:
>
> - WSGI disallows response streams
 > - Twisted handles chunked requests differently (zsync checkin breaks)

Are you refering to the lack of response.write?  It wasn't clear to us that
anyone was using this. Do you think that there is application code that's
using this?  We didn't catch zsync because it didn't have adequate tests.

> - ZEO is broken or at least suboptimal

This is news.  We are responding.  If you think something is a problem
then file a collector entry and we'll deal with it.

> This makes me pretty nervous about our development process / decision
> making.

How would you improve it?

What would you di differently?