[Zope3-dev] Re: Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Dec 8 14:05:55 EST 2005

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 07:31:56PM +0100, Christian Theune wrote:
>
>>- WSGI disallows response streams
>

> It what???
> Seriously?  That's a showstopper for a lot of projects.

Uh, what is the "it/that" that you are talking about?
I have no idea what "WSGI disallows response streams"
above means. WSGI is designed sprecifically to support
streaming via Python iteraction.

The Zope 3 publisher didn't previously support either
streaming or efficient handling of large output.  It
*now* supports efficient handling of large output.
This is a step forward.

The major change is that the response 'write' method is
no longer supported. If that causes breakage of existing
Zope 3 apps, then we can add it back. It was our judgement
that it wasn't being used, so we dropped it.