[Zope3-dev] Re: Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Dec 8 14:47:04 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 02:05:55PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 07:31:56PM +0100, Christian Theune wrote:
> >
> >>- WSGI disallows response streams
> >

> >It what???
> >Seriously?  That's a showstopper for a lot of projects.
>
> Uh, what is the "it/that" that you are talking about?
> I have no idea what "WSGI disallows response streams"
> above means. WSGI is designed sprecifically to support
> streaming via Python iteraction.

Yes, I see that now, and posted as much in parallel to your
reply. Sorry for being alarmist.

> The major change is that the response 'write' method is
> no longer supported. If that causes breakage of existing
> Zope 3 apps, then we can add it back. It was our judgement
> that it wasn't being used, so we dropped it.

I think this is only a problem if/when this stuff is used in Zope 2.
There's an awful lot of zope 2 code using RESPONSE.write().  But of
course you know that, so I'll shut up now.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com