[Zope3-dev] RE: Load Balancing

Fabrice Monaco fmonaco at cirb.irisnet.be
Fri Dec 9 09:37:52 EST 2005

http://www.zope.com/products/zope_replication_services.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Withers [mailto:chris at simplistix.co.uk]
Sent: vendredi 9 décembre 2005 15:21
To: Fabrice Monaco
Cc: zope3-dev at zope.org
Subject: Load Balancing

Fabrice Monaco wrote:
> I think that Z3 framework must have mecanism of load balancing and
> clustering,
> if in futhur it would like to develop criticals applications. Now if it
> would this, the licence if expensif.

Repeat to yourself: Zope 3 is not a load balancer, Zope 3 is not a load
balancer, Zope 3 is not a load balancer.

Zope can be happilly load balanced behind load balancers already, LVS,
Pound, Alteon and Netscalar spring to mind as ones I know of, but I know
very little about any of them.

Zope itself has ZEO to allow you to put together clusters of machines.
This has one or two issues in Zope 3, as I understand it, but they are
being worked on.

I have no idea what license you're talking about...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk