[Zope3-dev] Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Dec 12 07:18:05 EST 2005

We should proceed by getting Z2 and Z3 to use a common
publisher, presumingly based on the Z3 publisher.  This common
publisher should:

- Be well documented and tested.

- Use WSGI for HTTP

- Be backward compatible with Both Z2 and Z3

- Should be highly customizable through components.  This will
   hopefully allow z2-stype and z3-style publication to coexist in
   a single app server.

Again, I expect that the Z3 publisher will be the best starting point.

Note that the Z3 publication framework splits functionality
currently provided by the Z2 publisher into a publisher and a
publication object.  An initial step might be top come up with
a Z2 publication object that works with the Z3 publisher.

Jim