[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

software at vsnl.com software at vsnl.com
Mon Dec 12 10:53:20 EST 2005

2. Tentative, shaky suggestion on maintenance of website

Hi,
Sorry for this post from someone not contributing at all. My only contribution to zope ( apart from making a hundred or so people aware of it and a couple of dozens attempt to adopt it on a few projcts) has been regular visits to zope.org at least once a week from 1999, and almost daily since 2004.

This discussion, coupled with the discussion on separating the zope3 repository, is extremely motivating and also very educating to technologically challenged people like me.

1. zope2.org
Since both zope2 and zope3 are "live" projects in their own right, and at this point both have something to offer individually to the development community and more importantly to each other, and since (probably, hopefully) ZOPE as a brand is more important for both, why not have a zope2.org site in addition to zope.org and zope3.org? The main zope.org site could address a common vision and focus on commonalities and common concerns, while the individual sites could focus on issues specific to them. I have just now discovered that zope2.org as a domain name is available and have requested it to be booked. How do I transfer it to the zope community, if it gets booked at all?

2. Maintenance: Is this a way?
As far as maintenance is concerned, I could suggest to a few developers -maybe not very experienced- ( from Mumbai, India) that they help part time. In that case, could they get guidance from the community seniors through email? I would also appreciate if someone can guide me on the hardware, software and connectivity infrastructure needed for this. Hopefully, over a period, capability will get built locally.

I would also like to explore the possibility of persuading Science/ Engineering students to develop in/ for zope as part of their academic project work. Any suggestions?

I take this opportunity to thank all those involved in Zope.
Thanks
Milind Khadilkar
G2, Radha Bhuvan, Hanuman Cross Road No. 1, Vile Parle (E), Mumbai 400057.