[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/testbrowser/ fix bug caused be impedance mis-match between Mechanize and zope.testbrowser

Benji York benji at zope.com
Mon Dec 12 12:32:21 EST 2005

Chris Withers wrote:
> Benji York wrote:
>> In this case we'd have to mark all characters but the space as "safe".
>> This isn't the "normal" type of URI quoting issue, this problem arises
>> because nothing else in the call chain quotes the spaces
>
> Ah, okay, nice to have would be a docstring to avoid people like me
> misinterpretting what the method is for.

Two of the three lines of _quote are comments about why the method
exists, is there something that you'd like added?  Perhaps it shouldn't
be a method at all, but refactored to be inline (with comments).

>> (Mechanize or urllib) because they don't need to, but HTTPCaller does
>> a .split() on the first line of the request so there can be no
>> unexpected spaces.  Any other character is acceptable.
>
> Hmm, is it correct for HTTPCaller to do a split like this?
>
> Maybe a .split(' ',3) or whatever would be better?

That, specifically, wouldn't work, but no matter; the RFC is pretty
clear that there can be no more than 2 space characters in the first
line of the request, so I don't really think anything different should
be done.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer