[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/content_types - ported OFS.content_types from Z2 to Z3 (which is the most recent maintained code)

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 17:56:08 EST 2005

On 12/12/05, Janko Hauser <jhauser at zscout.de> wrote:
> Is this done on purpose? Or is this implementation meant as a basic
> one, which will be replaced by something like a filesystem storage or
> the new zodb-blob support in the upcoming next version?

Our intention is to support the ZODB blobs directly in zope.file when
that becomes available.  The API is designed to make that reasonable.
The current implementation is meant to be a low-investment
implementation that can be replaced without changing the API when
blobs become available, and allow applications to be written now to
get all the benefits of using blobs once that is available.

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin