[Zope3-dev] Re: View lookup changes in Zope 3.2?

Jeff Shell eucci.group at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:20:36 EST 2005

On 12/13/05, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> Jeff Shell wrote:

> >>That would be my suspicion too.  It should be easy to test.
> >>Just get a check out and merge out that change:
> >>
> >>   svn merge -r40385:40384 svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/trunk
> > Going through a lot of debugging, ....
>
> Did you do the experiment I suggested? (above)

Yes. Against that merge, against a Zope 3.2b1 release, applying those
specific revisions to the 3.2b1 release, even going back to the
revisions listed in Collector Issue 396, the same result happens.

It's one that makes sense to me, in its way. As stated in the
debugging output message, I just expected the layer to somehow have a
higher precedence than it does. At the multi-adapter lookup level, I
think I can understand why the new code does what it does. I may just
need to re-evaluate how my interfaces are declared, or what my
subclassing is causing to happen, or how my views are declared.