page postprocessing (was Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: XUL, DHTML)

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Dec 13 21:32:51 EST 2005

On Dec 13, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Benji York wrote:

> Jeff Shell wrote:
>> I think there was a proposal for smart widgets that could require
>> Javascript but have the supporting Javascript library loaded only
>> once..? What's become of that?
>
> That sounds like zope.resourcelibrary (http://www.zope.org/Wikis/
> DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ResourceLibrary).
>
> We're using it in products and the proposal had enough support to
> get into 3.2 but a combination of Jim not liking some
> implementation details...

The answer we expected to give to the improved implementation details
hinged on the page postprocessing proposal Jim made.

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-September/015812.html

http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/PublicationPostProcessing

My impression is that Jim felt that this didn't "fly": there was not
enough feedback for him to proceed.  I may misunderstand.

In any case, it didn't happen.  Anyone want to take up the ball in
the conversation again?  Personally, I wanted to just put exactly
what Jim discussed into place and see where it led.  I was afraid
that too much discussion of "what we ought to do" and "well if we do
X, then we should Y" would kill it: we should just do the proposal,
and *then* discover what we ought to do.

Bueller?

Gary