[Zope3-dev] Certification: Support platforms different from Linux?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Dec 14 04:30:46 EST 2005

Hi,

although Zope runs on platforms different than Linux, we'll have a hard
time to certify it on multiple platforms. Usually a very specific system
configuration is given, like "Windows 2003 with Service Pack XY and
Hotfixes A, B and C".

I think we can get around that by making a small amount of assumptions
on the Linux kernel (e.g. large file support, memory, newer than 2.X.Y)
and don't go into distribution details. Additionally I'll describe the
source installation as the certified way of installing Zope, so we won't
be depending on any kind of package machinery.

So my question is: Does anybody think it will be a problem for Zope
beeing CC certified only on Linux?

Cheers,
Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -