[Zope3-dev] Certification: Support platforms different from Linux?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Dec 16 03:25:02 EST 2005

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.12.2005, 10:47 -0500 schrieb Jim Fulton:
> Yes.  The customers of ours most likely to care about this
> use Windows.  I would say in general, for better or worse, the decision
> makers who would care about CC would also care about Windows.  I suspect that
> the decision makers who care about linux would me likely to understand
> that the platform doesn't matter that much and that certification for Windows
> should make them feel warm and fuzzy about their Linux installations.

I'm including Windows and Linux for now. I wonder whether we should (for
ourselves) guess which version we might want to stick to. Linux might be
less of a problem as Windows. Would it be Windows 2000 Server or
Windows 2003 Server?

BTW: I just read that the current Windows line (2k3 and XP IIRC) was
certified for CC lately.

Christian

--
gocept gmbh & co. kg - schalaunische str. 6 - 06366 koethen - germany
www.gocept.com - ct at gocept.com - phone +49 3496 30 99 112 -