[Zope3-dev] Certification: Supporting "Residual InformationProtection" in Zope 3

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Dec 16 06:52:51 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:
[Christian]
>>  Otherwise this function is likely to become a performance killer, as
>>  I'd have to go all over the place to remove stuff.
>
> We do this everytime we delete a object. This is done with subscribers
> and dispatching events to sublocations if a ObjectRemoveEvent get fired.

Wouldn't this still be a performance killer? I.e. if a user gets removed
in a large site, wouldn't an event need to be sent to all objects that
have security annotations in the tree? And at the end, a large
transaction, or a lot of transactions, would need to be committed. From
my experience with Zope 2, this sounds like a potentially very expensive
operation, right?

Regards,

Martijn