[Zope3-dev] testrunner layers

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Wed Dec 21 09:44:31 EST 2005

On Dec 21, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Florent Guillaume wrote:

> I didn't find the info I was looking for in the unit tests and docs
> for the testrunner:

Jim's the one to answer most of this, but FWIW everything (the
little) I need is demonstrated (if not explained) in my recent
testbrowser email.

http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-December/017149.html

Layer code is near the very bottom only, and has nothing directly to
do with testbrowser.

The zcml file that the layer uses ('ftesting.zcml' in the example) is
effectively the site.zcml for the layer.

The name that you give the layer is what you slam on to the test
suite object (see example).

The --layer thing is regex based, I believe, although all I've not
needed anything other than substring matching, so no regex syntax.

Gary