[Zope3-dev] mkzopeinstance.py

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Fri Dec 23 08:01:54 EST 2005

Egon Frerich wrote:
> Hello Dimitry,
>
> you introduced the password managers. In
> \src\zope\app\server\mkzopeinstance.py
> the admin can choose the password manager. The statement is
>
>> password_manager = self.read_input_line(
>>                 "Password Manager Number [1]: ")
>
> (line 188)
>
> I assume " [1]" in this statement is not necessary (or should I say
> irritating?). Am I right?

'1' is the default password manager number so if you just hit Enter at the
prompt instead of the password manager number the first password manager will
be picked. I think place a default value inside the square brackets is de-facto
standard for command line interfaces so I don't think ' [1]' should be removed.

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru