[Zope3-dev] Recipes

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Dec 23 08:09:18 EST 2005

On Friday 23 December 2005 04:48, Antonio Beamud Montero wrote:
> IMHO, he's rigth,

I think he is too, but his use case is narrow and about 180 degrees different.
Zope 3 tries to solve large problems, not small ones. The problem is that
noone has stepped up yet to make simple scripting easier.

> zope3 continues with a learning curve too high, and I
> was thinking how to solve it, or how to show people to make things in a
> simple way.. why not to create a list of recipes in the documentation
> wiki with recipes like:
>
> - The simplest way to create your dynamic site.
> - Create a static site with zope 3 with users authentication in 5
> steps :-)
> - etc...
>
> This way, new people in zope3 can introduce itself quickly in the zope3
> world...

Sure, go ahead. Note that some other people have already started FAQs, others
have written introductory articles, etc. You might want to join some of the
others, instead of starting yet another project.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter