[Zope3-dev] Recipes

Joseph Method tristil at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 10:06:16 EST 2005

Along the lines of "simple scripting", maybe something like
ArchGenXML/AGX for Zope 2. It goes from a UML model to a generated
product folder on the filesystem.

http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/archgenxml-getting-started

I found the ideas in this concept language disturbing:

http://subtextual.org/

the way that it collapses the meta- design language into the
application logic into the data modeling.

On 12/23/05, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Friday 23 December 2005 04:48, Antonio Beamud Montero wrote:
> > IMHO, he's rigth,
>
> I think he is too, but his use case is narrow and about 180 degrees different.
> Zope 3 tries to solve large problems, not small ones. The problem is that
> noone has stepped up yet to make simple scripting easier.
>
> > zope3 continues with a learning curve too high, and I
> > was thinking how to solve it, or how to show people to make things in a
> > simple way.. why not to create a list of recipes in the documentation
> > wiki with recipes like:
> >
> > - The simplest way to create your dynamic site.
> > - Create a static site with zope 3 with users authentication in 5
> > steps :-)
> > - etc...
> >
> > This way, new people in zope3 can introduce itself quickly in the zope3
> > world...
>
> Sure, go ahead. Note that some other people have already started FAQs, others
> have written introductory articles, etc. You might want to join some of the
> others, instead of starting yet another project.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
> --
> Stephan Richter
> CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
> Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training

-J. Method