[Zope3-dev] RFC: abolishing python: expressions in ZPT TALES

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Wed Dec 28 10:56:13 EST 2005

Hi all,

Please don't mistake this as a proposal or anything of the sort but I
was just curious what the rest of the zope3 community thought on this
particular topic.  (Please forgive me if this topic has been exhaused to
death already)

Its my personal opinion that anytime a page template requires logic
complicated enough to warrant using a 'python:' expression, that logic
should be re-thought and placed into a view class.  I know that some
python: expressions are fairly simple, but for an HTML designer, *any*
python: portions are dangerous to touch (and shouldn't be touched by the
HTML designer).

What do you all think?

Regards,
Rocky