[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: abolishing python: expressions in ZPT TALES

Rocky Burt rocky at serverzen.com
Thu Dec 29 08:38:03 EST 2005

Andreas Jung wrote:
 > Another argument against removing python expressions: in Zope 2
> scripters could directly modify and test templates, script etc. (also
> using the skins tool). In Z3 you have to restart the server at least for
> view classes (but not for templates).

Personally I would say implement logic that allows view classes to be
reloadable rather than relying on zpt for exactly this reason if this is
indeed something developers need/want (I would love for such a feature).
 This was also one of the nice things about writing python scripts as a
skins item with CMF as it was instantly reloadable.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
ServerZen Hosting -- http://www.serverzenhosting.net